My BIL is trying to update an old IBM ThinkPad for his older son's college
work.  Assume the machine will end up with WinXP. No specs ATM.
It has W98se. For some reason he wishes to know where in the Registry
might the CD Key be stored.  I assume he means the many digit Key
entered by the user during an OS build.  No idea why he wants this, but
I said I'd ask the collective!
I recall that we had this discussion some months back, but do not have
those emails because I use W2KPro.

Anyone recall where W98se stores the CD-Key?  Is it stored plain or is it
scrambled/encrypted?  If so, BIL may be SOL! LOL!
Best,
Duncan

This email scanned for Viruses and Spam by ZCloud.net