There's no excuse for a doc not to know a drug's side effects
since the information is readily available, including online.
The pharmacist is also supposed to give you an information
sheet the first time you get a new drug prescribed.
But your doc doesn't know ahead of time which side effect
will show up for YOU, and how severe it will be. I had to go off
a beta blocker (atenolol) because of fatigue, and was switched
to lisinopril, which acts directly on the arterial walls to lower
tension. But it has different side effects, as Wayne is finding out.

Gary VanderMolen