Understand. I simply do not know.  I'll talk offline to some power gurus my
brother-in-law works with. Good question. Wondered about this myself now
that current technology is so power humgry.
Duncan

On Tue, 02 Jan 2007 18:08 , Thane Sherrington <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> sent:

>At 12:43 PM 02/01/2007, dhs wrote:
>>T,
>>No. Not w/o a print of the dist. wiring.  Would think that all 12v rails are
>>really in parallel to a common source unless specied otherwise (or the PSU
>>has multiple 12v cards inside...jmho).
>
>So how does one figure out if the power supply can handle the 12V
>requirements out there now?  I mean, if I have three 12V rails with
>24A each, and I'm pulling 15A for the video card, 4A for the hard
>drives, and 10A for the CPU, then I'm at 29A, so unless I'm splitting
>the rails, I'm going to end up with one overloaded rail and two rails
>doing nothing.  Or are you saying that in reality, I have one 12V
>rail with 68A?

This email scanned for Viruses and Spam by ZCloud.net