It's a total system recommendation. The 7800GS doesn't require anywhere near
that (20*12=240W) amount.

Hell, even the 8800GTX doesn't pull that much.

By the way, kind of a tangent...the ATX power supply spec has been revised
such that a 12 volt rail no longer must be limited to 18 amps. It's just UL
listed in a different class now. About damn time, 4 +12v rails was getting
idiotic. Indeed, some of the power supplies on the market now that are
labeled with multiple 12v rails are in fact tied to the exact same internal
output.

Greg