It was specifically the newest version available as of last week that had the buggy SPTD.sys (v1.39) which has supposedly been fixed in a newer version that Daemon has yet to integrate. I'll pass.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: "The Hardware List" <hardware@hardwaregroup.com>
Subject: Re: [H] DAEMON Tools & Alcohol abase into garbag
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2007 00:47:13 +0000

I haven't upgraded it in a while, but I'm using it on my media centers so I ca use My Movies dvd software. I guess I will avoid the newer versions

Cw

From: Jin-Wei Tioh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2007 19:36:40
To:The Hardware List <hardware@hardwaregroup.com>

At 07:21 PM 4/3/2007, you wrote:
>I've been using Alcohol 120% version 1.9.5 for a while now and haven't
>found any problems, adware, or spyware.  Am I missing something?
>--
>Brian

Same here with Daemon Tools 4.03 and (currently) 4.08. Deployed on
every system (web server, file server, HTPC, personal systems, laptops)
and don't think that I've noticed anything out of the ordinary.

--
JW

Need a break? Find your escape route with Live Search Maps. http://maps.live.com/?icid=hmtag3