-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of FORC5
Sent: Monday, April 09, 2007 7:42 PM
To: The Hardware List
Subject: Re: [H] SATA drive question...

I have a old install on a PATA drive and no matter what I do IF the pata is
connected it will not boot to the SATA. Now if the PATA was empty, I do not
know if it will boot or not, I should test this and could if you want. I
keep the old install there for on occasion I need it ( I disconnect the SATA
which I have Vista on )

fp

At 11:05 AM 4/9/2007, j m g Poked the stick with:
>Funny you mention the A7n8x - I have the -E Deluxe model with 4 PATA's used
mostly just for the space - I was going to dump the 2 200gb for 1 or 2 large
size SATA - are you saying it won't boot at all or won't boot to a sata
drive?

>Thanks,
>John
>

>On 4/9/07, FORC5 <<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>make sure you instal the sata drivers in windows. not sure about your p4 mb
but one of my asus a7n8x's will not boot to sata with any pata drives hooked
up no matter what I do in the bios.
>fp
>
>At 05:25 AM 4/9/2007, Bobby Heid Poked the stick with:
>
>>Hey,
>>
>>I have an Asus P4C800-E Deluxe MB with 4 PATA drives (I rebuilt the system
with existing drives).  I have a drive that is showing errors and I'd like
to replace it.  It is not the boot drive.

>>Can I just enable SATA in the BIOS and replace the drive with an SATA one?
I can deal with drive letter changes if that happens.

--
Tallyho ! ]:8)
Taglines below !