At 09:33 AM 30/04/2007, Brian Weeden wrote:
Maybe I'm just reading it wrong - I thought that since all the values
were higher than the threshold that it was bad.  Is it the other way
around?

Lower is bad, except in the case of heat or lifetime power on hours or spin up time (though I generally don't care about spin up time.) The two numbers to look at are Value and Worst (the raw numbers are useful as well, but it looks like you don't have those.)

Brian

On 4/30/07, Thane Sherrington <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
At 12:47 PM 29/04/2007, Brian Weeden wrote:
>Check out this SMART data:
>
>http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pIkHR2B_QrGWJ_R1O8OmRPw&output=html
>
>It's from a WD 80GB SATA2 drive I just purchased to replace one that
>was failing.  I'm no expert but something is fishy.  Either the drive
>is ready to drop dead any day now or the SMART data isn't being read /
>stored properly.

What are you seeing that's bad?

I see nothing to suggest that it's bad.  Have you run a self-test?

http://www.eset.com