OK, so I did not fix my XP/Mouse glitch completely. This AM I powered on my XP machine and no mouse movement at all. Mouse pointer just sat ~roughly in the center of the screen and would do nothing. Nope, not sticky keys. Nope not an "access.cpl" issue. Thought it was the USB-PS/2 adapter. My alternate adapter seems to work. For a while. Stopped again.

Turns out that the light green plastic shoulder of the adapters measured ~0.475in in diameter. When I checked the panel openings in my KVM switch I found the holes to be ~0.469in in diameter. Just enough interference to keep the mouse and KBD from fully seating in the PS/2 connectors! DOH! Don't worry, I do have my "Stupid" sign! LOL!

Chased the panel holes to 0.50in and all seems fixed for good. I'm not even going to try and figure out why XP was picky about this, but, Win2KPro worked fine with this glitch........ :)
Thanks.
Best,
Duncan