Time to just declare global hegemony and revisit manifest destiny.  I figure
about 32 governments we could topple in a week or two. Most of South America.

Then, shore up forces, redivid the boarders. A big part of Africa could quickly
become Empire America colonies.

Sure, it might take some nukes, but more likely aomebic dysentary in the nile
and amazon waterways would work more effectively.

India and Pakistan, not Russia, would be terrible rivals for it, but I can't
see how a rise of a muslim state for real would not cause panic amongst the old
powers.

While the article talks of rise of dissent in the us, its nothing compared to
the barely bottled discontent in China...  How quickly we forget tienemen
square, or the rise in religious revolutionaries near Mongolia and free
economists near Hong Kong, along with the ever growing population pressure and
the soon to be unsustainable water control along the south.

Call me a dark pessimist. In the end, history tells us that population and land
right issues in India, Pakistan and China will force a subcontinent war wherin
the death of a few million of your own population has a feasible longterm boost
for the stability of your own country.

While I can joke above, the reality is the US doesn't have a will to empire.
That's the thing that makes many of the terrorist movements most scary is that
they do have the will. They believe their empire, a global caliphate of sorts,
is in the end a desire and need of the world.

Let's see in 4 years, when at current population growth rate India will be more
pressed per square mile then anyone else in history who did not start a war of
expansion.

Sent via BlackBerry