I am working on Compaq EVO. It has a 40GB DiamondMax hard drive and is formatted as a single NTFS Primary Active partition. No other partition is showing. However I suspect there is a small Compaq hidden partition. Using Partition Magic 8 I can not resize and add any partitions. I want to resize the existing partition to 30 GB and make a FAT32 10GB Extended logical partition with the remain 10GB.

But I can't make any changes, from Windows, from DOS, even when I install the hard drive in another computer. NOr can I image the existing C drive .... I just get a errro report. With PM I am getting this error
#108 Partition doesn't end at end of cylinder
The hard-disk partition table contains erroneous values. PartitionMagic expects partitions to begin and end on the correct cylinder boundaries. If they do not, the disk may be partially corrupted. In this circumstance, if PartitionMagic were to make any modifications it might cause the loss of data. Therefore, Partition Magic refuses to recognize any of the hard disk's partitions. To resolve this problem, see the instructions in Resolving partition table errors.
Resolve partition table errors

1)Ensure the computer has no viruses.
2)Back up the data on the affected partitions.
3)Delete the partitions.
4)Recreate the partitions.
5)Restore the contents of the partitions.

You may need to use the FDISK program from a recent DOS version because earlier versions may refuse to delete HPFS or hidden partitions, and the OS/2 FDISK program may recognize the partition's corruption and refuse to modify it.

In some cases, you can resolve partition table errors manually. Run PartitionInfo to determine the errors on your partitions. Refer to Generating diagnostic reports with PartitionInfo for additional information about PartitionInfo.

OK, I could wipe the drive and start over... but I don't want to go to all that trouble. Anybody know how I can get rid of the hidden Compaq partition without killing the existing partition/setup?