Why not just log the % of idle time usage or something
like that?

Most of the snappiness of cleaned or freshly installed
windows is lack of extra
processes & no fragmentation which quickly fades after
install software that
adds support DLL's or processes.

Thane Sherrington wrote:
> At 12:17 PM 11/07/2007, Greg Sevart wrote:
>> I don't know that any true benchmark software is
going to provide
>> significantly valid results. A good deal of the
"slowness" users
>> report is
>> as a result of concurrent software (legitimate and
spy/adware) running in
>> the background. Your standard benchmark application
will run its
>> battery of
>> tests at an elevated priority. Thus, your benchmark
may drastically
>> understate the actual perceived performance
improvement after you finish
>> your cleaning. You may in fact be doing yourself a
great disservice...

> That's what I was thinking of writing something that
would run through
> some sort of scripted series of steps in Windows -
open IE, open
> WordPad, copy some files to a temp folder, delete
the temp folder, etc,
> but I was thinking if there is something out there
that does this, it'd

http://searchmarketing.yahoo.com/