Well, after spending a year of getting their hat handed to them, AMD is finally
about ready to roll out Barcelona and Phenom.  Existing in (nearly current)
AM2+ Sockets and FX socket, AMD is finally going to make an attempt to get back
at Intel.  Whether you love Intel or AMD, competition in the marketplace is a
good thing.

We've got quite a few people running the FX-74 duals for Virtual Servers, where
they do work out very effectively... but other then that, the FX-70/72/74 are
kind of a bust for end users.  So, it's good to see something show up with
solid to fairly nice numbers.

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=41970

This kind of confirms what I saw recently (though I did not take any test
scores or do anything but look at the AMD Roadshow).  Will be interesting to
see it play out.

:)