Assuming that most video cards have 2 monitor outs (2
DVI or 1 DVI/1 analog) + 1
SVID/Component out:

Normally video cards in clone mode take into account
what an attached display
device reports as it's supported video modes and then
either lowers the
resolution to match on all cloned displays or uses pan
& scan to show a window
of the higher res video on the lesser capable display.
For aspect ratio
differences I imagine a 4:3 projector would react by
displaying top/bottom
letterboxed video.

Question would be can the projector do 16:9? How is it
attached DVI, Analog
(db15), TV out? Are you using a splitter box? If so is
it 16:9 capable? If not
the splitter would likely report it can only do 4:3 to
the video card which
would force your 16:9 monitor attached through it down
to 4:3 anyway.

Time to review the capabilities of the projector AND
whatever you are using to
attach it to the video card. If you post more detail
about how you are setup we
could offer better assistance.

Jerry Jones wrote:
> I am a high school computer studies teacher. I
currently have dual 17"
> monitors on the PC in my classroom. The second
monitor is also connected
> to a ceiling mounted projector and the monitors
image is cloned for
> demonstration and teaching purposes. I am getting a
new PC for my desk
> and am considering going with widescreen monitors
this time. But I am
> wondering if that will mess up the projected image
to the screen. Will
> the projector just squeeze the widescreen image into
a 4:3 image on the
> screen? Or will it just clip part of the widscreen
image on the monitor?
> Anyone ever try this?

 for the edge of your seat?
http://tv.yahoo.com/