I used a custom stripped down version of XP on my non 64-bit boxes. I believe
the OS install only takes up about 2 GB's when configured this way. There are
many good tutorials and utilities that help you make a custom XP install
(unattended if you like), with all SP's and patches integrated. It's already
got DX9c too.

It's a LOT faster than bloated standard XP install and runs good on slower
boxes too.

lopaka

Joe User <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: Hello Thane,

> But you still can sell XP.  We are.  And we are going to keep doing
> until they stop selling it, which currently is next June.  But that
> may well change.

None of my vendors are offering it, laptops with XP are unheard of...
maybe I need to look around some more... Thanx T

--
Regards,
 joeuser - Still looking for the 'any' key...