At 11:07 PM 07/10/2007, Bobby Heid wrote:
Vista always caches almost all of the RAM.  I have 2GB RAM and Task manager
says that there is 0 MB free RAM. But the physical RAM usage history says
that I am currently using 1.08GB.  Could it be that this is what you are
seeing?

Also, on another note, is that not what the RAM is for?  I mean as long as
nothing else is needing that RAM, isn't that ok?

Here are the Crysis minimum requirements: Note that Vista requires a CPU that is almost 15% faster and 50% more RAM. I guess that puts the "Vista is just as fast as XP" theory to rest.

    * OS - Windows XP or Windows Vista
    * Processor - 2.8 GHz or faster (XP) or 3.2 GHz or faster* (Vista)
    * Memory - 1.0 GB RAM (XP) or 1.5 GB RAM (Vista)
    * Video Card -256 MB**
    * Hard Drive - 12GB
* Sound Card - DirectX 9.0c compatible