The pioneer is 72hz, which makes things a bit awkward in its 3:3 pulldown.>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 12:05:14 -0700> To: hardware@hardwaregroup.com> From:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Subject: [H] HD questions> > I have found a Plasma TV that I
am willing to write a ridiculously > high check for. The Pioneer PRO-150D is
Pioneer's flagship Plasma > that supports 1080. >
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/v3/pg/kuro/product/details/0,,2076_310069729_477134674,00.html>
 > Oddly enough, I have been waiting these last four years for prices to > come
down, and here I am buying at the very high end. Of course, I > will wait a bit
until the newness of it settles down, and the price > drops a bit... I am
thinking after Christmas discounts.> > I currently have a Sony Wega with a Cox
Digital Cable box. Cox tells > me to get a HD box will only cost me 2 bucks
more per month... so > maybe I should do this now. Cox is my ISP, and I have to
keep basic > cable because my 87 year old father is with me, and he could never
> figure out anything like a satellite box.> > I only watch a movie once in a
blue moon, I never watch sports, and I > only follow one TV drama. I watch
news, PBS, History, Science, > Military and National Geographic channels, all
of which do a lot of > HD content now. However, I would be willing to add
Direct TV to my > Cox cable, if there was a good reason. Is there?> > I don't
have a TIVO but I do use my PCs to record programs. I have a > collection of
ATI AIW cards as well as Haupagee TV turners, but > nothing capable of HD.
However, I never record anything that matters > to me with the PC turners
because the quality is so much poorer then > capturing direct from the Cox
Digital cable box using line in. To > accomplish this I split the signal off
the Digital Cable Box and send > one off to my TV and one off to one of my AIW
cards where I can > record from the S-VIDEO feed. This gives me a very good
recording, > except for the deep blacks which should improve with HD.> > My
video card = ATI All in Wonder X800 has HD support, and Component > cable
support, and my monitor = Dell UltraSharp 2407WFP which also supports HD.> >
Will I be able to capture the same way using a COX HD box? If I got > a COX HD
box now then I would be able to record programs in HD now > using my X800? Will
I be able to split the out signal of the COX HD > box to the Line IN of my AIW
X800 like this, using component rather > then S-VIDEO?> > And if so will I be
recording HD with my AIW X800 when I do so?> > The one TV show I follow is
House MD. Sometimes I miss an episode so > I grab it with bit torrent. It is
not unusual for the file to be DIVx > and represented as HD, for example,> >
Directory: House M.D Complete Season 2 HDTV Divx Eng> > but how could that be
as the download per episode is under 600 > megs.... isn't an hour of HD 20GB?>
> I am HD confused so I need the collective to set me straight!>
Climb to the top of the charts!  Play Star Shuffle:  the word scramble
challenge with star power.