This has what the folders are currently mapped to:

"HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell
Folders"

This controls the mappings:

"HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User
Shell Folders"

There are similar keys under HKLM.

The .INF I use to custom set mine:

[Version]
Signature    = "$Windows NT$"

[Optional Components]
ShellFolders

[ShellFolders]
OptionDesc   = "User Shell Folders"
Tip          = "Current user's user shell folders
paths."
Modes        = 0,1,2,3
AddReg       = UserShellFolders

[DefaultInstall]
AddReg       = UserShellFolders

[UserShellFolders]
;HKCU,"Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User
Shell
Folders","AppData",%REGEXPSZ%,""
HKCU,"Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User
Shell
Folders","Cache",%REGEXPSZ%,"P:\Local
Settings\Temporary Internet Files"
HKCU,"Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User
Shell
Folders","Cookies",%REGEXPSZ%,"P:\Cookies"
;HKCU,"Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User
Shell
Folders","Desktop",%REGEXPSZ%,""
HKCU,"Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User
Shell
Folders","Favorites",%REGEXPSZ%,"P:\Favorites"
HKCU,"Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User
Shell
Folders","History",%REGEXPSZ%,"P:\Local
Settings\History"
;HKCU,"Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User
Shell
Folders","Local AppData",%REGEXPSZ%,""
;HKCU,"Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User
Shell
Folders","Local Settings",%REGEXPSZ%,""
HKCU,"Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User
Shell Folders","My
Pictures",%REGEXPSZ%,"R:\images\My Pictures"
;HKCU,"Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User
Shell
Folders","NetHood",%REGEXPSZ%,""
HKCU,"Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User
Shell
Folders","Personal",%REGEXPSZ%,"P:\My Documents"
;HKCU,"Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User
Shell
Folders","PrintHood",%REGEXPSZ%,""
;HKCU,"Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User
Shell
Folders","Programs",%REGEXPSZ%,""
HKCU,"Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User
Shell
Folders","Recent",%REGEXPSZ%,"P:\Local
Settings\Recent"
;HKCU,"Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User
Shell
Folders","SendTo",%REGEXPSZ%,""
;HKCU,"Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User
Shell
Folders","Start Menu",%REGEXPSZ%,""
;HKCU,"Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User
Shell
Folders","Startup",%REGEXPSZ%,""
HKCU,"Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User
Shell
Folders","Templates",%REGEXPSZ%,"P:\Templates"

[Strings]
REGDW = 0x00010001
REGSZ = 0x00000000
REGEXPSZ = 0x00020000

Thane Sherrington wrote:
> Well, I moved the link to another folder (which also
wouldn' t open) and
> then moved it back (and it still won't open.)  Is
there a registry
> setting that holds the My Documents info that might
have gotten hosed?

> At 03:32 PM 25/10/2007, DHSinclair wrote:
>> reads to me like the 'master' link to the My
Documents directory is
>> housed. Perhaps the user 'moved' his My Documents
and did not point
>> the master link to its' new location.
>> Just a thought; because I've done this and lost a
week trying to find
>> my docs again...... :)
>> Best,
>> Duncan
>> At 15:01 10/25/2007 -0300, you wrote:
>>> Here's a strange one - I have a machine where the
link to My
>>> Documents on the Start Menu won't open anything -
I click on it, and
>>> the menu disappears and nothing opens. The My
Pictures and My Music
>>> links work fine, and if I go to My Computer, I can
open "Owner's
>>> Documents" with no problems.  I create a new user,
that one works