I read an article that quoted that Nazi Kerr about how
we need to change our
definitions, puh-leez! Sure I trust my government to
do the right thing, just
like I trust Russia's gov't to clean up corruption, or
the Chinese (people or
gov't) to give a shit about quality & safety by 1st
world standards before price.

Yeah their listening, because now everything is
digital and thus easier to sort,
prioritize & machine process, welcome to Enemy of the
State. All it means is the
keystone cops will be better at busting your local
pirate, pundit, and pot
smokers while fumbling the ball on murderers,
terrorists and crooked politicians.

A nice round of encryption for all! Start with your
local data, consider it with
email, and hopefully it's coming to a phone near you
soon. It's not paranoia any
more, it's the new definition of privacy!

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20071111/D8SRJ1DO0.html

> "Privacy no longer can mean anonymity, says Donald
Kerr, the principal deputy
> director of national intelligence. Instead, it
should mean that government and
> businesses properly safeguards people's private
communications and financial
> information."
>
> Snipped..
>
> "The central witness in a California lawsuit against
AT&T says the government is
> vacuuming up billions of e-mails and phone calls as
they pass through an AT&T
> switching station in San Francisco."
>
> That coupled with the passage of the new Data
Retention Law in Germany really
> makes it look like a global frontal assault on
privacy..

http://www.kreativrauschen.com/blog/2007/11/09/german-bundestag-decides-to-imple
> ment-data-retention/
>
> Pretty chilling.. Indeed, it really seems like they
really ARE listening in..

> Bill

with Yahoo Mobile. Try it now.