Thane,
In all my cases, my m/b I/O is just a bunch of twisted-pair an/or twisted-three sets bundled together with clips/tiewraps. The remote USB business is some really nice flat 9-wire cables. I saved one of the cable bundles from a very old tower case, but now I can not find it! Believe they are unique to the case based on how many LEDS and other status gadgets the case has. I have always found it odd that this one case item is never available from anywhere...I've been to the Lian-Li site many times and never seem to find the internal cables as spare parts.........Good Luck!
Best,
Duncan