I recently took a Lite-On burner out of a DVR. (A Lite-ON VHS/DVD set-top copy
machine.)
The DVDs would _not_ eject.

It turned out the contact surface of the hub had an extra layer of  ribbed
plastic, with sticky stuff on it.
(And it looked like it came from the factory that way, but a lot less sticky...)
Almost like a ring of clear tape stuck to the hub surface. AND the surface of
that tape was
exceptionally sticky and transferred lots of sticky "glue" to the DVD in the
drive and caused
it to be glued to the hub.
(This did not allow the internal drive "section" to drop down and away, so the
disk could eject.)

I peeled off the sticky "tape like" hub ring, cleaned the hub, and the burner
worked fine...

Has anyone seen or heard of anything "resembling"  this?
I actually have some pictures I could post if there is some interest...

I gave it back to the friend (owner) for testing and evaluation and do not have
the model number, Sorry...
I do know the internal DVD burner was made in Jan 2005. (Pretty short

                                                Rick Glazier

From: "JRS"
Liteon. Avoid Samsung and Sony ones like the plague. Also good are the Asus (liteon based) and the pioneer and plextors.

I use Lite-On these days as well..  :)