Generally you are going to be wiring front panel usb connectors and internal
usb devices directly to header pins on your motherboard.

The Koutech IO-PU222 is is the only card I've found that has two internal
header pins like the type normally found on a motherboard. It is a 4-port USB
2.0 PCI card with 2 external and 2 internal header pin connectors. It goes for
about $10-15.

There are also cables that can adapt internal headers to the external style.
Some are made for staying inside of the case and others might have a through
hole in an internal bracket for looping the wire out the rear of the case and
back into a rear usb port.

Have a look at

http://www.frontx.com/

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=34_81_250

-Tharin O.

DHSinclair <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: Yes, I admit to belonging to the noob
class of usb.
I do know about v 1.1.
I do know about v2.0.
I will pick v2.0. But, am hdw limited, I suspect.

Have searched for internal USB cards that might work.

What I really need is a PCI card that has 4x the 6 copper pins
on-board so I can plug in my case's 4x usb ports.

Does a card like this even exist????  (anymore?)
If I am screwed, so be it. Wondering I am. Just because I can.
Screwed does not bother me ATM.
Thank you.
Best,