I've sworn off Logitech since the 1st gen DiNovo burnt
me so bad. To pour salt
in the would, they never upgrade the stack beyond v2
swearing that Widcomm had
dropped support for CSR's BT radio while switching to
a new dongle + cradle
system to replace the 1st gen integrated radio/cradle.

Your best test would be to purchase another BT dongle
like Anycom (who I have
some issues with) & use their BT stack (Widcomm). If
that works, then you have
been cursed by the typical Logitech shoddy BT HW &
stack implementation.

Winterlight wrote:
> My primary three year old computer has been using
Logitech cordless
> mouse/keyboad combinations since I built it. I
started with a optical
> mouse set, and then moved on to a Laser mouse set
(which I love), and
> just recently attempted to upgrade to a MX5000 which
is a newer laser
> mouse with bluetooth, a LCD display on the keyboard
and a bluetooth hub.

> I have been unable to get it installed. The
bluetooth stuff just chokes,
> plus the mouse/keyboard keeps disconnecting... of
course, I can't get
> pass the bluetooth part of the install. I am doing a
clean install, and
> I disable anti virus, firewall everything thing I
can stop from loading
> at boot up. And I boot up clean, and then attempt a
install.

> But I can't get it installed. First time I have ever
had a problem with
> Logitech. I see lots of older complaints about the
MX5000 but it has
> been around for over a year and you think they would
of corrected them
> by now? Anybody have any personal experience with
this product or
> Logitech bluetooh. I am just about to give up
trying.

Be a better friend, newshound, and