Please think old m/b; a 440BX, Abit BX6r2.0 using final 'QR' bios.
I am having trouble with the "Power Management" bios screen.

Just now I have ACPI disabled. I have Power Management disabled.
And, any/all interrupt vectors are disabled also except the PS/2 Mouse
which does not seem to have a "disable" setting.
Perhaps this is the glitch.

The trouble is that when I turn off the PC (push the PwrOn/Off button), I
seem to have to hold the button for >4 secs to get the PC to shut down.
But, when I release the button, the PC powers right back on!  Kind of like
there is some latch getting re-enabled and firing again.

I plan to re-enable ACPI in bios. I plan to re-enable Power Mgmt in bios, but
disable any/all interrupt vectors.  Is this a good plan?
Thank you,