Winterlight <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: At 03:15 PM 1/4/2008, you wrote:
>If you are paying the "use tax" as you should for your out-of-state
>purchases does it make much difference?  ;)
>
>http://www.boe.ca.gov/sutax/faqusetax.htm

What are you kidding me... for a consumer retail purchase. You would
have hell of a time finding any consumer in this state paying that!

Ermm yes well.. since "use tax" is pretty much an honor system the only people
who would normally have to fear anything would be businesses and institutions
because they are "bigger fish". Just about every state, if not all, has an
excise tax on out-of-state purchases that applies to EVERYONE but most folks
don't know about it or ignore it. We don't have state income tax in Texas but I
think some states that do include a line for use tax. I like to joke about it
when people talk about buying stuff out of state.

Newegg.com and Zipzoomfly.com tend to be my favorite for special orders (single
unit items) because of aggresive pricing and their cheap shipping rates. It
seems that alot of the better e-tailers for computer equipment are based in
California. Probably because most hardware gets off the slow boat from china
(literally!) in California first and most of the wholesale distributors are
based in California.

Anyway check out...
Directron.com (its in houston, tx)
globalcomputer.com (new york state)