I've used the Marvell Yukon gigabit controllers
before.  I had them on some boards from Gigabyte a
couple of years ago. I'd just whichever one Asus has
on their site. I have not heard of "Alaska".

Once I had one onboard a motherboard was whose Device
ID did not match the device ids in the drivers
(*.inf). I had to force install the driver and it
worked fine after that. I think somehow the device id
changed because this was a production system at a
local Copy Center that suddenly went offline. I
quickly saw that it's ethernet controller had become
an unknown/other device in the Windows Device Manager.
After checking the vendor and device id of the
ethernet controller I found that the vendor code
matched but the device id didn't. Neither the drivers
from the motherboard manufacturer nor Marvell's
reference driver had a matching id. It was very odd.
::shrug::

-Tharin O.