What was the name and location of the dir so that I can check my system?
:-)

Bobby

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Joe User
Sent: Friday, February 22, 2008 3:09 PM
To: Joe User
Subject: Re: [H] So many files in a dir...

Hello,

Thursday, February 21, 2008, 6:44:16 PM, I wrote:

> Hello,

> I have a system that has so many files in a dir the system just hangs
> for HOURS while I try to do anything in there. I'm using Wayne's XPPE
> disc now and it is also affected. Command prompts and rmdir /s /q
> same issue - hangs for hours. I need to remove this dir it's screwing
> up av scans and everything. How can I wack it out? Nothing valuable
> in the dir it's a windows defender log file dir.

> HELP!

On a hunch, I tried Wayne's XPPE disc before I emailed you guys. It
took all night but it deleted everything in the windows defender
history folder. Nearly 20 GB of something is now gone.

Nothing like getting your security stuff from the people that can't
make your OS reasonable secure to begin with. duh.

Thanks for all the advice, I have saved for future use.
Have a nice weekend.

--
Regards,
 joeuser - Still looking for the 'any' key...