I have been "slightly" following this thread and saw where you can't
(and don't want to) un-install the LaunchPad from the FLASH DRIVE.
I have no problem with that... I never got rid of any, and might be a
"little upset" if someone "cleaned it" off mine for me... <grin>
(It used to be you could not put it back, but I "think" they
figured out the DRM well enough that a FULL RECOVERY (of at least the LaunchPad/cd emulation stuff) might be possible.
(At this point, file that as a rumor... I can't swear to it...)

Disclaimer: They are "OK" for "internal use", but not as useful as
I might have wanted for running around other places...
Too many ways to pass "bad stuff" around (both directions) using
one of these...

I don't want to throw a wrench in the works, but.....

I have a bunch of these U3 drives, and don't think they
install the Launch Pad to the HOST computer HD.

Doesn't it just "auto run" off the flash drive itself? (Retorical, more below.)

Are you "sure" it installed to the host HD?

If yours (theirs) "installed", tell me where to look please.
I'd like to see if it did the same thing here.

Come to think of it, when I use different U3 flash drives of different ages
(and the LaunchPad would be a slightly different version on each)
my firewall "complains" that the program is not the same as
"last time" (with a different drive) and asks me if it is "OK" to allow it...
That seems to "prove" it was not installed on the HD, and was running
ONLY from the flash drive. (At least to me, unless I'm missing something.)
Since there is no way to "upgrade" the LaunchPad program ON THE flash drive,
this has been a minor "problem" since I got more than one... (I just hit
"yes"...)

Based on "what I see" here, I'm confused about what "you are seeing" there...

Make sense?              Hope this helps...

                                             Rick Glazier