Then one htpc and xbox's everywhere else.  Hell, with plugins they relay
divx/xvid, interface and stored dvd, plus mcl applications.
Sent via BlackBerry

-----Original Message-----
From: Tharin Olsen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 08:14:38
To:hardware@hardwaregroup.com
Subject: Re: [H] HTPC Replacement - Popcorn Hour

No doubt a real HTPC built by anyone here would be
much better but there are some definite Pros when
using a STB (turnkey, compact, low power, quiet, no
movable parts, etc). At the moment I wouldn't dream of
replacing my HTPC with something like this, but I
don't want 3-4 HTPCs in my home. Something like this
will be fine for the kitchen, guest bedroom, outdoor
stereo, etc.

-Tharin O.

--- j maccraw <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'm not impressed.
>
> Starting with the case that I would not even cram my
> hdd into (had one, returned as
> junk), the spartan product web site, lastly the
> current bug list tells me this is
> slightly above homebrew. Whatever hardware goes into
> this, I'll bet any of us could
> build better.

<SNIP>