It's popular because it's the most common bloat-ware
shipped on new PC's these days!

SAVCE is what I am using but would consider NOD32 or
Kapersky or nothing before I'd
go anywhere near a McAwful product. Been of that mind
about MA for over 10 years in fact.

Unless you have a business need for Outlook, and even
then I'd use it only for the
specific business need not normal email, Thunderbird
is much better & free.

Anthony Q. Martin wrote:
> This is an interesting conversation.  You guys are
always jumping me
> when I say thing about how IT pros act like gods on
PCs in corps. Well,
> ITs are the ones who influence the selection of such
software.
> Obviously, IT pros are NOT of one opinion on what's
good and what's not.
> Personally, I've never liked McAfee. It doesn't even
seem to make sense
> in terms of how to use it. But it's free to me.  And
other than this
> problem with Outlook (which, is likely the source of
the problem
> anyway), it's been working fine for months.
>
> BTW, this is VirusScan Enterprise 8.0.0.

<snip>