On May 15, 2008, at 2:47 PM, Thane Sherrington wrote:

At 03:20 PM 15/05/2008, James Maki wrote:

One thing I noticed (and half expected) is that when I added the second video card (I have 2 512 MB cards), my "recognized memory" fell from 3.5 GB (of 4 GB installed) to 3.0 GB. Makes me think that Windows XP x64 might come
in handy.

My video cards have dual DVI outputs and I use an analog adapter to run the
15" VGA LCD.

Good luck with your setup.

Thanks for the info Jim. I'm going to give it a shot. Loads of RAM isn't critical on this machine, so I'm sure I can live with 3GB. :)

Also, FWIW, you can mix and match buses--in the past I've had an AGP card and a PCI card driving multiple monitors at the same time.

Scott