I imagine we'll have a more firm date soon, but it's definitely in Q3. It
was just today the price (at $530) was confirmed.

That would work out well for me.... is this DDR2 supported CPU? If I bought a high end board now, like the ASUS P5E WS PRO would it support the new CPU, probably not without a BIOS flash, which can't be done without a modern CPU, which is kind of a catch 22 if you have old stuff.

Memory support occurs in the Northbridge, not the CPU (at least in the CPU > Northbridge > southbridge model, A64's and Nehalem and such with integrated memory controllers throw that out the window) But yeah, any top of the line'ish board bought now is going to be able to handle anything else that comes out for the socket it's based around, Nehalem is coming Q3/Q4 for Xeons and early next year for desktop/laptop parts, and has CSI and an integrated memory controller, so it's a totally new socket.

-JB