No Marantz Gold series tube type from the seventies, that is the best.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Ben Ruset
Sent: Sunday, June 15, 2008 8:11 PM
To: hardware@hardwaregroup.com
Subject: Re: [H] OT - Proof that audiophiles are idiots- the $500Ethernet
cable

Right. My knowledge of the super high end is limited. :)

I have a Marantz SR-8200 receiver that I bought back in 2002 that's
still humming along nicely. 90% of the time it's on playing Dora the
Explorer DVD's for my daughter, so it's not like I'd have any need to
update anytime soon.

Hayes Elkins wrote:
> None of those brands are really high priced "high end" either...if you
want insane prices to match an insane cable, Krell, Cary, Theta, Mark
Levinson fit the bill...