I have another old machine (w2ksp4) that is my "gaming" device. It now boots up and gives me a very black screen indicating it no longer likes its' boot.ini file. It moves/defaults to its' win.ini file. Yet it boots completely up to the login screen and beyond.
Curious.

Am I looking at a potential hd failure?
(It is one of my pending conversions from scsi to pata/sata.)

If necessary, I can work on sending current text of the boot.ini. I only see one odd parameter. I do not know how to parse this file. I really let w2k do its' business and go on with life.
Opinions?
Thank you.
Best,