As long as your switch can handle 1G/FD from the Yukon, then that should not be an issue for the LAN connection.

As to the upstream post-router to the internet best test is to download a really large file & see what throughput you get. Better still is to use a multi-thread/connection download manager that can max out the pipe.

DHSinclair wrote:
Soren,
Thank you again. I will save your traceroute suggestion for the next time I get this odd dropout behavior. I really do need to try this cmd and get used to using it.

I am listening to the same link today and there are no dropouts (yet). I can only suppose that the problem really does exist way upstream and out of my control. And, since my current isp in now AT&T (and/or BellSouth), I am familiar with intermittent strange behavior. For all I know, maybe someone was trenching in NW Texas and whacked through a buried fiber backbone trunk.

I dug further into the Marvel diagnostic tool I have and find that my current on-board Yukon nic is currently locked on "full-duplex" and running at 1000baseT.

So, ATM, I believe any trouble appears to by external to my LAN.
Thank you again,