Heh-he.. That's indeed interesting - yet another IE piggy backing browser,
nice. Or not.

Free Google Chrome Browser - like in "free lunch" and "free beer", all at once?

Personally, I'd prefer absolutely NO data mining of my surfing habits and email
communication, period.

What's next? Google Passport? Free Google cleaning in your home (and of all
drawers, of course ;)?

To be able to piggy back a browser off IE, the browser provider must have some
kind of cooperation with MS, as they are as closed as can get about closed
API's.

As far as I know, the Google Chrome Bowser is developed in cooperation with
FF/Moz team.

Maybe both Google and Mozilla has been made so called 'useable idiots' by MS to
take FF off the market.

Smart move.

Best,
Soren

DHSinclair wrote:
Thanks Alex,
Odd and interesting. Believe I will wait until this list's browser-mavens pass judgement. ATM, I am happy with FF. Happier still that I have put IE7 into the background!
Duncan

At 12:30 09/02/2008 -0700, you wrote:
On Tue, 2 Sep 2008 12:18:43 -0700, Alex wrote
> On Tue, 02 Sep 2008 15:07:25 -0400, DHSinclair wrote
> > What is the opinion(s) of the new Google Chrome browser?
> > I am concerned about any backwash against FF ATM.
> > Duncan
>
> trying to download it now, nothing happening

initial 5 mins with my standard slew of websites.

looks slick, feels faster than FF3

need ad-blocking plugins as well as proxy configuration (reads off IE control
panel)