Has anyone used a Phenom X3?
I am thinking of replacing my aging MSI Mega 180 SFF (Athlon XP 2400) with
something newer.

Right now, I'm looking at either the Asus EEE BOX, or building myself a
Phenom X3 based system.

I know everyone will say that a C2D is a better arch and that it's probably
faster, but I would really like to try out the new Phenoms.  I have a C2D
machine at home, and love it.  I just want to be a bit different and try out
a X3.  Seeing 3 cores in task manager is probably worth the 100 dollars they
are asking for a Phenom X3 8450 :).

I know that for Vista and XP you need a patch from MS so that it detects odd
numbered cores, but what about UBUNTU?  Will it detect and utilize all 3
cores?

--
Best Regards,

Zulfiqar Naushad