I received my letter from Comcast this past week about the upcoming 250 GB
bandwidth limit. I am lax to trust their own 2-3 GB as the median usage but
have no idea what I am currently using. Curious, I downloaded several
programs, Bandwidth Monitor 2 from  Rokario Software Ltd. and ShaPlus
bandwidth Meter 1.2. In 3.5 hours, they show about 3 GB of upload/download
in a 3.5 hours! Am I reading the program logs incorrectly or am I actually
running close to 1 GB per hour! That would put me at 700GB+ per month and
that seems ridiculous. I have done nothing spectacular (that I know of)
other than e-mail and web browsing.

Any suggestions on how to monitor the internet connection. I have a local
lan with 2 computers and one laptop running (none of which is doing any
significant downloading). Am I monitoring the LAN or the internet connection
with these programs? The programs seem to be monitoring the network card and
I am now wondering if I am monitoring the lan communication between the
computers in addition to the internet connection.

Looking for a freeware solution just to make sure I am not going to run into
trouble with the Comcast police next month! I really appreciate any input
and/or suggestions on how to get to the bottom of this question. I am
running Vista Ultimate x64 up-to-date, Avast! Anti-virus (no problems
found), Windows Defender and the built-in firewall.

Thanks for any insight.

Jim Maki
[EMAIL PROTECTED]