Yes, that's what I do:

DSL Modem

\WRT54GS|->802.11G
        |->LAN 1|
        |       \->GS105 switch|
        |               \->Four 1GB PC's.
        \->LAN 2..4->empty

Netgear GS108 & 105 are both unmanaged switches supporting jumbo frames at <
$50.

Naushad Zulfiqar wrote:
I have a WRT54GL linksys router connected to an ADSL modem.  Right now all
the 4 ports are occupied by various devices.  The primary ones being my
fileserver and my main machine.

Since the switch on the WRT is 10/100 only, I've been feeling the pain when
transferring large files.  Both my fileserver and my main computer have Gbit
NICS on them and I would like to take advantage of them.

I've looked around (NEWEGG) and have seen that 4-5 port switches cost around
the 50 dollar range.  That's perfect and I can spare that kind of cash.

That being said, what is the best way to "integrate" the switch into my
current setup?  Would it be:

MODEM <------------> Router(Port1) <-------------> Gbit Switch