Really two questions here.  First, I have a new laptop which came with a
160G drive.  Since I cannot add a second drive I am planning on replacing it
with a larger (hopefully faster) drive.  The Seagate Momentus 320G/7200RPM
would give me the space I need and it appears to be a very fast drive.  The
Hitachi and WD Scorpio also get decent reviews, any of these head shoulders
above the others or are they all about the same?

Secondly, I would like to avoid re-installing all my apps (again) and moving
data.  What is the best way to clone my current drive to the new drive?
xcopy?  Ghost?  Free alternatives?   I would like to be able to clone the
drive, and then simply pop it into the laptop and have it boot up and be
ready to go.  :-)   Oh, and I am running Windows XP Pro if it makes any
difference.

Thanks!
--
-Gary