Scott,
Just got back from checking both of your shares. Yes, both are where they should be. I did export the bookmarks.html file to my desktop and viewed it. It does seem to list all of what IS in the bookmarks 'object.' Still confused though. Was looking for a directory that contains the actual objects. Perhaps FF is just different in this way. Truly looking for something that I can backup so if my PC crashes and has to be rebuilt, I can bring back my bookmarks of old.
Thank you,
Duncan