Is there any common logic about who/what I can share with the default USB m/b logic?

The machine is my XP test machine. I just removed an old ISA Creative AWE64-Value. It is an Asus CUBX w/Intel p3-800 w/512MB of ram. (Yes, another OLDie but GOODie!)
It runs WinXPpro-SP3 very well actually.
The video card lives in the AGP slot. The book says the AGP shares with pci1and pci2. I have a NIC card in pci3 because this pci slot is only shared with pci6 (empty).

I'd like to use pci4 to put a pci audio card into, but pci4 shares with the default USB logic.
And, pci5 and pci6 are either tied back to AGP or default USB logic.
Usually, I try to leave USB to its' own devices. Now, I need to share.
Does USB play nice with Audio cards?
Thank you.