Hello Winterlight,

Saturday, November 22, 2008, 6:46:13 PM, you wrote:

> it can't be. It loads correctly showing the appropriate drive at
> POST. I haven't entered the RAID BIOS because I am not doing RAID and
> the instructions say if you're not doing RAID stay out of the BIOS.

any jumpers on the card, that need to be set? Taking stabs here as you
probably guessed - but it gets you thinking... Have you explored the
device properties in device manager and checked possible bad settings
there? Also could this be a DMA setting?

>>  Does it show the device on the SCSI tree in
>>device manager?

> yes, with the chip name, as it should, but with a yellow triangle =
> Drivers not loaded Error Code 10

This is starting to sound like some sort of weird conflict
incompatibility...
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=opera&rls=en&hs=kZV&q=rosewill+%22error+code+10%22&btnG=Search

Has this goddamn ting worked ever? I mean, could it be damaged?

--
Regards,
 joeuser - Still looking for the 'any' key...

"...now these points of data make a beautiful line..."