Neil,
OK. Went and dl'd the v8.12 driver only. Odd, it is the same file as I dl'd earlier today for the R4670. Perhaps the V8.xx series works on all of the ATI R4xxx cards? I'll know shortly!
Thank you.
Duncan

At 22:27 12/18/2008 +0000, you wrote:
Drivers only: 13.3MB
driver + control Center: 34.7MB

http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catalyst.aspx?p=xp/radeonx-xp

-----Original Message-----
From: hardware-boun...@hardwaregroup.com
[mailto:hardware-boun...@hardwaregroup.com] On Behalf Of DHSinclair
Sent: 18 December 2008 22:04
To: Hardware Group
Subject: [H] ATI video drivers?

My new system is running very well. Thank you.
Earlier today I went in search of an update video driver for my R4350
card.  XP did not like the driver off the CD because it was not
WHQL-signed!  OK. I get this......... :)

ATI shunted me off to some "memo" whose dl link got me a 137MB file!  137MB
for a "hotfix" for a video card?  What gives?  I suspect much of this is
the Catalyst Front End that I will not use.

I used to think nVidia driver files were huge. No more............ :)
Best,