Just rcvd a note that my Brother 2070N printer has a f/w update! Cool!
Current f/w is v1.25; new f/w is v2.4.0.
The rationale is :
o-improves cooling fan control
o-improves the detection of a new toner cartridge.

Your thought about this f/w update?

My tin-hat warning is up! Toner carts for this printer are expensive and only last ~3500 prints. But, I am still waiting to actually SEE 3500 prints!!!!!! (I am only on my 1st FULL toner cart.!!!) I wonder that Brother may be pushing the toner cart. timing....for extra cart. churn.....in these bad economic times.... (a retired, fixed-income does make this thought process easy! LOL!)
..... :)
Otherwise, I have no reason to NOT upgrade the f/w!
Thank you,