I recently had a change to play with the built-in Backup application in W2Kpro. It did seem to work; it did create the special dot-bkf files. They were huge!

I have a machine I would like to decommission. It has an old scsi hd system that has now run out of spare! I plan to back up all 4 partitions to my new NAS.

My question involves the Restore side of the this operation. My plan is to attempt to restore the dot-bkf files back to a new replacement PC that is completing its' burn-in cycle.

The old OS going out (backing up) will be W2Kpro SP4 (AMD-based). The new PC (for Restore) is XPpro SP3 (Intel-based).

Am I getting ready to create a mess????

Or, should I be selective in what I BackUp from the old primary boot hd (c:\)???
Thank you,