<http://www.acronis.com/promo/ADD/disk-director-014.html?source=us_google&keyword=partition&gclid=CPq3pYar4ZcCFRwwawodjE_RDQ>
\I suggest you download a trail copy of the above Acronis Disk Director or get a copy ofthe old Power Qwest Partition Magic
Either one will do what you want.
Sam

<http://www.acronis.com/promo/ADD/disk-director-014.html?source=us_google&keyword=partition&gclid=CPq3pYar4ZcCFRwwawodjE_RDQ>

DHSinclair wrote:
Been studying the Disk Manager in XP. I would dearly like to extend my current c:\ partition to now span the remaining 4.27GB on the hard drive. Last night I backed up and got rid of the d:\ partition on the same drive. So, now I have my c:\ partition (system) at 4.27GB, and an Unallocated 4.27GB space on the same drive.

Reading the details of the Disk Manager, and, buried deep in the directions, it says the EXTEND command will NOT allow extending a system/boot partition! Huh? Anyone know why this is so?

I suspect that the MBR may get dorked up and/or I may have to use the Repair Console again to do a CHKDSK c: /R followed by the bootcfg /rebuild commands .... (well if it worked........ :)

I do have a variety of disk partition tools here, but none will play on a full U160 scsi system! And, I do hot have a spare pata CDROM to swap into the system....... :(
Thanks,