Forc5,
Went and dug thru the link you sent. Found a couple of possible choices. Tried both. No soap! This old turkey just wants to be a real old butt! Fine. So, I sits and thinks. I converted it to using a pata CDROM back in the days when scsi was tough to boot on a CD. Well, decided to go back a try bootable scsi 1 more time.............. :)

Success!!!! The CD booted right up and XPproSP2 is about 12 minutes from being complete!! And this after a probably unnecessary 2d full format! This last old soldier will now run XP Pro for its' remaining days! Slowly perhaps (it is a 200MHz Pentium Pro/256), but I expect this old dinosaur to be very reliable. It is so past any "infant mortality" issues.

Collective, thank you for your suggestions. I will be re-formatting floppies for the rest of the afternoon now! My home is now 100% XPpro for my clients; finally!
Best,
Duncan