Drive "C:" 8GB core XP "\Windows"
Drive "D:" remaining GB for "\Program Files", "\Documents and Settings", "\Temp"

Of course it's a customize XP install. No point in further breaking up the drive when < 1TB other than defrag takes less time on smaller drives. YMMV.

No matter what I'd say C: is primary partition, anything else should be in an extended partition. Secondary HDD's should be entirely extended partition.

dsinc...@bellsouth.net wrote:
I do not have my "XP-4-Noobz" books yet ............. :)
Checking my old W2Kpro books for ideas.

Seeking advice on how to partition a new 160GB drive for XPpro.  I am going to
suppose that XP install/format will leave me with ~148GB of formatted space
(ntfs). This should net 4x ~37GB partitions.
I expect that the first/initial partition is Primary/Active/Boot (~37GB).

For the remaining 111GB?

Can imagine single "Extended" partition w/3 logical drives (d:, e:, f: ) ...
or
maybe, 3 "Extended" partitions (d:, e:, f:, ) ...

trying to do this correct to start off! For a change...... :)

Sorry, still new to XP and pata/sata drives.
Best,