From: "FORC5"
Looking at updating my aging a7n8x server which BSOD's almost daily. May just
need a new PSU which is very old.
Fry's add today shows a E8500 with a intel G31 MB for $220

Looks like might do me just fine. Do need to update ram and PSU. IF Vista refuses to play with the HW change will clean install XP64.

Just did an Intel boxdg31pr with that CPU in Dec.. (only dual core.)
4G RAM on Vista32 (yea, I know.......)

Works with Vista32 fine, but the Intel Accelerated Video drivers
are a must for Aero. Score is too low with the MS default ones.
(I could care less about that though....)

All the other segments of those scores are pretty high.
(But then again, I'm used to building myself junk.)
I'm NOT a Gamer...
Good luck.  The MB is the Intel Classic Series.

            Rick Glazier