replace my very aged xbox media center (xbmc). I understand the PS3
can't natively play mkv files though?

Scott

On Feb 8, 2009, at 4:55 AM, tmse...@rlrnews.com wrote:

Your fine but you might consider a ps3. Bluray, full divx and network support.
Sent via BlackBerry

-----Original Message-----
From: Joe User <joeu...@chronic.org>

Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2009 00:31:32
To: Joe User<hardware@hardwaregroup.com>
Subject: Re: [H] DVD Divx players... RIP Philips DVP-642

Hello,

Saturday, February 7, 2009, 10:12:12 AM, I wrote:

Hello HWG,

    So, I went to watch 'Ghostbusters' this morning as nothing was on
    any of the 500 channels I get on DirecTV. The little red light
    just blinked away and the tray wouldn't open nor would the
    display come on. I unplugged it - waited - and plugged it back
    in. No joy. This is the second of two that have died. I swear
    they put timers in these things.

    So now, I am looking for another Divx player. The Philips
    DVP5140 is looking like my best bet. It does Divx Ultra, which
    the 642 didn't - but I didn't encounter divx Ultra that much.

    I currently use this 642 through S-Video but I have RCA
    available also. No HDMI. Might have ability to do component RGB
    type hookup, if I shuffle some stuff around.

    I am looking for other suggestions before I get this unit. Is
    there something better out there?

Ok, going to assume I am doing OK with my choice here.

--
Regards,
joeuser - Still looking for the 'any' key...

"...now these points of data make a beautiful line..."